Carryout for Literacy
In 1992, Hawaii Pizza Hut launched an exciting campaign called "Carryout for Literacy." To date "Carryout for Literacy" has raised 3.5 million dollars and it is still going strong.
Hawaii Pizza Hut restaurants sell "Carryout for Literacy" cards for $10 each. The card entitles the customer to a "buy one, get one FREE" pizza discount on carryout, delivery and dine-in orders for one year. (Delivery charges and delivery minimum requirements will apply. Blackout dates may apply for delivery and dine-in orders.)
Hawaii Pizza Hut, Inc donates funds to many literacy-oriented programs throughout the State of Hawaii. Some of the organizations recently donated to include:
- Hawaii International Dyslexia Association with their Odyssey project
- Parents and Children Together for their Read To Me Club
- Friends of the Future with their Hawaii comic book project
- Hawaii Technology Institute's Literacy Training and their Career Transition Program
- Hawaii Public Television for their Family Literacy Training
- Helping Hands Hawaii for their program in tutoring pre-kindergarten to third grade kids who are in low-income families
- Hui Malama Center on books for their adult literacy program
- Lynne Waihee's Read to Me International, which promotes reading aloud to children.
And many more literacy based programs in the Hawaii state.
Hawaii Pizza Hut donates funds through the Hawaii Community Foundation. For more information, contact 808.537.6333 for details.
The Carryout for Literacy Fundraiser Card is also available. These cards can be sold by not-for-profit groups interested in fundraising and supporting Literacy programs in Hawaii. We've helped many organizations raise thousands of dollars for playground equipment, computers, renovations to facilities, travel expenses and much more.
BONUS FEATURE: Register your Literacy Card online to receive EXCLUSIVE offers via email for cardholders only, including a FREE medium pizza when you first register the card. Registration is optional, the Card will still work without registration.
Click here to register your card.